Meditation Sitting Schedule
|Sunday||9am - Noon||Chanting, zazen * **|
|Monday||7am - 7:45am||Short chanting service, zazen|
|Tuesday||8:30am - 9:30am||Zazen *|
|Wednesday||6am - 7:45am||Chanting service, zazen|
|Thursday||7am - 7:45am||Short chanting service, zazen|
|6:00pm - 8pm||Short chanting service, zazen * **|
|Saturday||10:00am - 11:00am||Tibetan service and meditation|
Note: * Dokusan offered on the second and fourth weeks of each month.
Note: ** Followed by tea and discussion the first Thursday of each month.
Note: ** Teisho offered on first, third and fifth weeks of each month.
- Arrive early. Allow time to make the transition to the dynamic stillness of the zendo.
- Avoid wearing perfume, aftershave, or other fragrances.
- Remove watches and noisy jewelry before entering the zendo.
- Attire should be clean, dignified and restrained - no shorts, tank tops, distracting patterns and colors, or skin-tight clothing.
- Student robes are preferred, and may be ordered through the center.
- If you bring food to the Zen Center at any time, be sure it's vegetarian.
- Observe silence. Moving during zazen not only disturbs others, it hinders your own concentration, creating even more discomfort.
- Participate! You will find the more you give of yourself, the more your understanding will deepen.
Sittings at Syracuse University
The Zen Center of Syracuse and the Syracuse University Student Buddhist Association together offer meditation at Syracuse University. All sittings are held at Hendricks Chapel in the small chapel in the basement unless otherwise noted. Each includes instruction and discussion, with half an hour of meditation.
|Monday||12 - 1pm|
|Tuesday||12 - 1pm|
|Wednesday||5:30pm - 6:30pm|
Co-sponsored by the Student Buddhist Association and the Zen Center of Syracuse